Common Craft have made another one of their really nice videos, this one on Wikipedia.
Common Craft have released another of their excellent videos, this one on Augmented Reality.
This video is an introduction to augmented reality – a new and growing way to use smartphones to learn about the world around you. This video introduces the technology and covers the basic applications. It includes:
- A high level introduction to the big idea
- Using it to find a restaurant
- Using it to compare products, be entertained
- A look at future possibilities of augmented reality
Do you blog, do you read blogs, do you use blogging to support learning, are blogs dead?
This is the twenty-third e-Learning Stuff Podcast, To blog, or not to blog, that is the question.
- So what is a blog?
- You can get a free blog on WordPress, Blogger and many other sites.
- Commoncraft have a very nice guide on what a blog is.
- James has used blogs as tools in workshops at conferences to allow delegates to share their thoughts, this he has done at a mobile learning workshop at PeLC09 and at the ALT Conference.
- The LSN and TechDis publication Go Mobile was accompanied by the Upwardly Mobile DVD.
- Andy Black’s blog.
- …from the elab… is Phil Ackroyd’s blog from City College Norwich.
- Lisa Valentine’s blog can be found here.
- Newsgator allows you to aggregate newsfeeds from a variety of sites, combined with NetNewsWire on the iPhone it makes it very simple to keep up with a number of blogs or dip into the stream now and then.
A short explanation from the brilliant people at Commoncraft on what makes the World Wide Web work: browsers, packets, servers addresses and links.