This is the thirty first e-Learning Stuff Podcast, Store it, Tag it, Share it.
James, David, Ron and Lilian discuss various web tools that can be used to store your stuff; like documents, notes, files. Tools that allow you to tag your stuff and share your stuff. They talk about the tools they use with their stuff and they talk about how these tools can be used for learning.
- Use Evernote to save your ideas, things you see, and things you like. Then find them all on any computer or device you use.
- Dropbox is a way to store, sync, and, share files online.
- Etherpad – When multiple people edit the same document simultaneously, any changes are instantly reflected on everyone’s screen. The result is a new and productive way to collaborate on text documents, useful for meeting notes, drafting sessions, education, team programming, and more.
- Now that Etherpad is open source, other versions of the service are now available such as iEtherpad
- Our snow podcast from last week.
- TinyGrab is a simple yet extremely powerful utility for Mac OS X and Windows. Harnessing the power of pre-existing and new OS screenshot taking capabilities, TinyGrab instantly uploads and allows you to share with a small URL— all in under thirty-seconds.
- Skitch is a Mac application for making screen grabs and then annotating them, before uploading them to a web service.
- Screenr – Instant screencasts for Twitter. Now you can create screencasts for your followers as easily as you tweet. Just click the record button and you’ll have your ready-to-tweet screencast in seconds.
- Format Factory
- iPadio takes any phone call and streams it live on the web, makes phonecasts and phlogs simple and immediate.
- Veho USB Microscope